B612 is a good photography app that offers a comprehensive and easy-to-use interface. In short, an excellent app for anyone who wants to take a good selfie using filters, effects, and anything else you might want
Taking B612 a selfie with the iPhone camera is pretty straightforward, but there several third-party iOS apps for capturing more creative self-portraits.
Reviewed several quickdraw iOS camera apps that are also useful for taking selfies, but there’s also a whole sub-category of apps that can take your selfie-obsession to the next level.
1. B612 Selfie (free) Camera B612 is similar to Camera X in that it too provides a preview of a selected filters before you snap the selfie. The advantage of this app is that it allows you to activate the shutter by tapping anywhere on the screen, or long press to shoot a short video. A collage template can also be selected to capture a series of selfie shots.
The big drawback to this and Camera X is that applied filters, as well as the vignette filter, cannot be adjusted before or after shooting the photo. You can however quickly delete unwanted images so they’re not all automatically saved to your photo library.
2. Selfiest (free) Selfiest feeds the desire of those who want to share their selfies and possibly get their egos stroked. Like Instagram, Selfiest lets you curate your selfies and share them with other Selfiest members across the world, as well as to your other social networks.
Other members can like your images and follow you, photos you post to your account can be removed at any time.
The app provides a slew of editing and photo enhancement tools, including Instagram-style filters, and a text and drawing tools. Unfortunately, once a tool has been applied and saved to a photo, that photo can’t be edited.
For creative inspiration, Selfiest includes photo challenges, such Street Selfie, Smiling Selfie, Morning Selfie, and Selfie with Sunglasses. For more inspiration, you can check out selfies from other users nearby, in the same country, or across the world.
3. Camera X (free) Unlike other camera apps, Camera X allows you to swipe and select a photo filter (and get a preview) before you take a photo. Likewise, you can pre-select from over a dozen different template collage frames, and snap selfies to fit your chosen layout. And like the default iOS camera, this selfie tool also includes a self-timer and optional photo composition guide.
Camera X is really for shooters who don’t want to do post editing of images. In fact, it doesn’t allow you to. By default the app doesn’t automatically save your images, but there is an option in the app’s setting to autosave your selfies. The goal of Camera X is to shoot and share to Facebook, another supporting iOS app, Messages, or directly to your Photos Library.
4. Selfie X (free) Most selfies on the iPhone are taken with the front-facing camera, which has a lower resolution (1.2 megapixels) than the rear camera (8 megapixels on the iPhone 6). If you want the higher quality selfie you will need to get someone else to take the shot (which technically means it’s not a selfie?), or you might try using Selfie X.
This app uses face and voice recognition to snap a photo of you using the rear-facing camera. You won’t be able to view yourself, so the app tells you if you need to adjust the phone to capture your face. When properly framed, the app tells you to, “Say Cheese.”
I tried the app a few times, and it worked, but saying “cheese” doesn’t always deliver up the the kind of smile you want. And in my tests, the app never worked while holding the phone in landscape position. Selfie X is a free app, so you might want to download it and see what you can capture.
5. Ghost Lens+Selfie (free) When it comes to creative selfies, the Ghost Lens+Selfie app may be what you’re looking for. It can easily layer an image on top of another image (or video), like in Photoshop, for various types of effects. Images can be faded in and out, with one or more photo filters applied. And as with other camera apps, photos can be exported to social networks, and saved to the Photos Library.
6. PhotoMirror (free) For an easier, more direct photo effect, PhotoMirror creates an instant duplicate of a selfie shot, or an imported photo. It includes preset crops, 2D and 3D layer masks, creative picture frames, and other elements that might be useful for sprucing up selfies. Photos can also be saved or exported to other iOS camera apps or to social networks.
7. Apple Watch Remote And lastly, the new Apple Watch provides a remote trigger for the camera app on your iPhone. You can actually see your camera’s viewfinder watch what the phone camera sees in its lens. This is convenient for both selfies and group shots. You can prop your phone up against something or use a tripod, open the remote app on your watch, and tap the shutter button or timer on your phone. Naturally, remember to look at the lens on your camera phone rather than the watch when snapping a photo.
User Numbers Growing in East and Southeast Asia, Central and South America, and Eastern Europe
Over 50 Million Monthly Active Users
Tokyo, Japan – October 19, 2015 – LINE Corporation announced today that its selfie camera app B612, available for free on iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone platforms, topped 100 million downloads worldwide on October 9.
B612 is a dedicated selfie camera app which allows users to customize their photos with a wide variety of filters and effects. The selfie-optimized app boasts a host of features not found in more general-purpose camera apps, including the option to automatically switch to the user’s front-facing camera upon start-up, as well as the ability to easily switch between 89 types of filters simply by swiping the screen. B612 has experienced explosive growth with the advent of “selfie culture” worldwide, topping 50 million downloads worldwide on May 23, 2015.
Subsequently, in August of this year, B612 was awarded top global design award Red Dot’s highest honor, “Best of the Best” in the Communication Design 2015 category. Additionally, the app has taken the number one spot in Google Play’s photography category in 21 countries, and 35 countries in the App store.
The app continues to introduce new innovations, such as the “selfie party in a box” feature, which allows friends in different locations to make a collage of their video selfies together, as well as the option to edit photos not taken with the download b612 app. These enhancements have led to significant user growth in countries in Eastern Europe, including Belarus, Romania, and Ukraine, culminating with the service topping 100 million users on October 9, 2015, and also reaching 50 million monthly active users worldwide.
B612 will endeavor to add new filters and selfie-optimized features in order to provide the best selfie experience for its users, as well as to enhance communication between its users.
Line recently launched its B612 app on the Windows Phone Store. The app has a weird name, but it’s aim is (sort of) good. It’s basically a selfie app which comes with a number of filters and other features such as a timer. Here’s the feature list:
Rear camera support: Swipe the screen from top to bottom to show your friends the world through your eyes. Random filter: Sometimes it feels like it can take an eternity before you find just the filter you’re looking for. Just tap the random button! camera b612 also remembers which filters you like using most and selects them for you. Vignette: This feature is perfect for darkening the borders of photos to bring out what’s truly important. Each vignette automatically adjusts to the filter you’re using. Collage shot: Show everyone a glimpse of your universe by putting your smiles together into one photo. Create 3D pictures that stand out with this feature. Timer: 2 Seconds, 5 Seconds… Strike the perfect pose before the shutter comes down! Share: Post your pics and share them easily on Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram. The app is available on the Windows Phone Store for free, and you can grab it from here. And don’t forget to tell us what you think of Line’s new app in the comment section below.
B612 is a camera app designed specifically for taking the perfect selfie photo. It is fun and easy to use with lots of advanced filters and formatting options. It allows you to take short video clips with sound and audio support. You can then easily share your selfies with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Line. Developed by Line Corporation, this app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Taking the Perfect Selfie Becomes Easier with B612
If you love taking selfie photos, then you will love the B612 app from Line. Designed for the selfie-obsessed generation, it is a special camera application that offers several unique features and photo editing tools.
B612 is available for free in the App Store. It is a universal application so you can install it on any of your iOS devices. After completing the installation, the app automatically integrates with your device’s front-facing camera. It also installs a widget on the home screen.
Just tap the app’s widget to open the selfie view finder. Then, tap anywhere on the screen to take a photo. To shoot a short selfie video, tap-hold the screen and the app will automatically switch to video mode.
After taking a selfie shot, B612 will display the photo editing options at the bottom of the screen where you can access the advanced filters, vignette borders, collage, save, and share.
Swipe the screen sideways to browse the filters and borders. Tap any filter you want and the app automatically gives you a preview of the edited photo. Then, tap the save button to apply all the changes you made. You can now share your selfie by tapping the icon of your favorite social network.
Best Features of B612 Selfie App
B612 offers a streamlined user interface that allows you take selfie photos in a snap. It quickly opens the view finder and automatically displays the editing options for you. It has no shutter sound so you can take a selfie discreetly, anywhere.
One of the most useful features of B612 is the advanced filter. It offers more than 40 different types of filters. The app can remember your favorite filters and you can use them over and over. You can also tap the random option to allow the app to choose the right filter for your photo.
Another great feature of download b612 is the vignette option. You can use this option to enhance the border of your photo. The vignette border automatically adjusts to the filter you applied to your photo.
And lastly, the app allows you to create selfie collage. You can choose a variety of collage format to make your photo more engaging and attractive.
Pros and Cons
Easy to use with streamlined interface
Offers more than 40 filters
Vignette border options
Offers dozens of collage format
Supports auto-focus technology
Supports social media sharing
Does not support photo import from camera roll.
B612 is one of the best selfie camera apps in the App Store. This app offers a rich collection of filters and vignettes so you can create the perfect selfie shots. If you want an easy-to-use selfie camera with editor, then this is the perfect app for you.